Last month I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Lightningpen. I’m still surprised, delighted and honored.
Here are the rules and my responses for the award:
- Thank the person who nominated me.
Again, I thank Lightningpen.
- Share 7 things about me that you may not know.
- 15 years ago I co-founded an artists group where I live; it’s still going well.
- I once met and spoke with the late actor George Peppard at Cannes. He was smaller than how he appears on TV and the movie screen. Actress Lynda Carter was there and was taller, but that may have been caused by her high-heel shoes.
- When I lived in Italy, I discovered that there are Great White Sharks in the Mediterranean Sea. Luckily, that discovery was made on land. 😀
- I once owned the first comic book Spider-Man appeared in. My mom threw it away when she redecorated my bedroom.
- I played softball in a men’s league for 27 years. The fastest pitcher I ever faced was a woman. She struck out every batter on my team and pitched a no-hitter game. That was the only year women teams were allowed to play in the league.
- I met baseball legend Ted Williams when I was 13. Our town’s boat manufacturer made boats that he endorsed. Whenever he came to inspect the boats, he always made time to visit with the neighborhood kids. And no, I never got his autograph, but that was okay. He gave me batting tips that helped me become a better hitter.
- I was born on the day and year Laura Ingalls Wilder, author of the best-selling “Little House” series of children’s novels, died. She was 90. For those who believe in reincarnation, I do autographs. 😀
- Nominate 15 bloggers.
- Notify the nominees that I have done so.
- Put the logo of the award on my blog site.